NOTES FROM THE DUMP

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Random "...NOTES...from wrinkled scraps...

…I look upon walking as slow motion basketball without the elbows in the nose…I love basketball, it is fast & grueling, demanding of your every physical & mental ability…once with The Pistons I scored six points – a short-lived career high, the acme of my roundball achievements, and at that we lost the game and thereafter were still called The Pistons, but with the accent on the last syllable…

…why strive for best – and make a pestiferous nuisance of yourself – when second-rate will do? It’s my new (some will say continuing) credo, so that I can back off some of the pressure which comes with the territory when seeking the dizzying heights of unscalable peaks only to be depressed by the deeper valleys…

…I posit the theory that meteors, meteorites and assorted other space debris are ‘earths’ whose inhabitants treated their Elysian Fields so disrespectfully by wasting all on it that it came unhinged in The Firmament and went rocketing across the heavens, shot from a celestial slingshot to be burned to a forgotten crisp in a nano-second, a similar fate awaiting us…I quickly decap a couple of Guinness in quick succession in case today’s the day…this latest in my skewed philosophy allowing wide latitude in imbibitionary indiscretion...

…if you’re looking for someone to accompany your at-home Karaoke antics, try Toots Hibbert & The Maytals, mon, Reggae at its finest, Toots so cool and voice so fine you’ll be two-stepping and shakin’ your butt faster than a metronome as you enthrall your imaginary minions with your sinewy & leonine stage presence at home alone, you sensual devil you…you scorcher…

No comments: