NOTES FROM THE DUMP

Friday, August 3, 2007

If you burrow too deeply

...into the nether world of your inner self you’re in for an awful shock if you’re honest; I don’t know about you and I don’t presume to make a value judgment about you and what you do or don’t do, but in my case, the real me never leaves the house, that guy you see out on Main Street is my public persona, my sidewalk act, I’m home being myself behind closed doors, the fellow you see (odd looking duck ain’t he mate?) is my stand-in. Be yourself, by yourself.

…to some degree I feel I understand what happens when someone goes ‘round the bend, off the deep end, into the abyss et cetera; unable to deal with the stress and strains of life some of us cave; it takes Herculean/Amazonian strength to cope with life; it isn’t easy even when life is good – which at the present moment it is for me, but good fortune is no more permanent than bad…change is all there is…things get better, things get worse, things get better, things get worse ad infinitum…until death do us part and maybe even then…

…all is lost in this lifetime deal if you give in to despair, so cheer up old timer/youngster, cheer up, give yourself a pat on the back, live it up before it’s too late and they put you down; what’s to lose? Don’t work so hard at things you don’t like - party instead, which doesn’t mean you have to dive into a mosh pit at an all-night rave, a party can just as lief be a paint brush in your hand or a book in your solitude.

No comments: