NOTES FROM THE DUMP

Friday, August 3, 2007

QUICK TO JUMP AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY…

…to denigrate Gawd (why I’m not sure)…

I’m just as quick to jump back on board and switch over to a more reverential God when the time is rife, i.e. last nite as I lay dying in the dark and didn’t only by the grace of, well, God - in the guise of the New Hampshire Electric Co-op – which came in the middle of the gale-force windy January night to repair downed lines to my home which had cut off all light, and as I lay choking and strangling from 35 uninterrupted years of dope-smoking, I suddenly realized that you may say you’re not afraid of the dark but what you mean is you are not afraid of the night – of the dark you’re afraid, why I fairly prayed for illumination lest I die in darkness and lo & behold, there my boys from the Co-op were at three in the morning – with the light’s return I quickly recovered my cynicism and my equilibrium (not to mention dignity as before the arrival of my saviors I had been muling away practically on my hands and knees in supplication to, puhleez! let there be light), and I lay there later reflecting on my plight thinking, ‘Jesus Christ, maybe there is a Gawd, ah…that is, a God?!’

That would blow away my Nothingness-as-God hypothesis…

…but, in that singular blowhardy way of NFTD, I digress…

So now we must press on for there’s a world of rest ahead, maybe!

No comments: