NOTES FROM THE DUMP

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

More Random NOTES from wrinkled scraps...

STILL ALIVE AND, WELL, WELL…

…won’t be saying that for much longer though, the fix is in so to speak; to accompany my emphysema, COPD - chronic obstruction pulmonary disease, bronchial asthma and inoperable prostate cancer I now find I have a significant spot on a lung and my aorta, not to mention I’ve got a cold, anathema to lungers.

I have to deal with death now, mine dadratit! Suffice to say it’s been a long day. I had other plans, I still do, most of them having to do with variants on the old hedonistic pursuits theme so much a part of my ersatz & skewed history; it’s hard to believe but there you have it, and I suppose I’ve got to lay it all off, without any real proof but the evidence is heavily weighted, to years of dissolution and a dissipate way of life rife with drinking etc, your basic sex and drugs & rock & roll...

...well hey – of course you all fucked up I say to the Fool In The Mirror, ‘…what did you think, that because you could drink more Jameson’s than any other two Micks you were somehow immune to its aftershocks? Nobody told you all that marbled meat heavy with grease and all those ice cream cones and pies with whipped cream et al don’t exact a pound of flesh? No one told you not to smoke? Big are the penalties to pay for a life of self abuse.’

O well…

Pass that bone over here if you will and, ah, bartender, give us another round please…this is no time to hold back.

SO WHAT’S WITH YOUR LIFE, YES YOU…

…care to divulge any secrets, pass on any sage advice before you roll snake eyes? Got any money stashed you can’t get to but wish someone could? I’m your boy, but hurry…need a forum to launch your posthumous career from, cool, leave it with NFTD; be it ebola or tb, mad cow or leprosy, feel free to express yourself gratis in the pages of our benevolent sponsor, Notes From The Dump, faithless, ah, that is, faithful colleague for more than two decades, like you, soon to be no more.

No more noticed than a whispering breeze in a typhoon, never to be heard from, seen, nor thought of again, gone, might’s well as never been. With this in mind and as a hedge against its eventuality feel free to expatiate at length about your own, er, forthcoming if untimely, demise…there isn’t a right time…after all, everyone does it but not everyone gets to express their feelings, so – quickly, take pen to hand and expostulate for posterity and vanity before myocardial infarction cuts you down.

No comments: