NOTES FROM THE DUMP

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Speaking of Dylan...

…I had the great good fortune of seeing him a week ago with my Darling Daughter, 36, and her Darling Daughter, 11, and me, 63 today, representing three generations of Dylan fans, me going back to 1962, my Daughter for 20 years anyway and my Darling Granddaughter – until this night – not really aware of Bob Dylan nor very excited about going to see him, all of which changed favorably, dramatically and exponentially as the great man took the stage and dazzled thousands of us for two hours during which everyfriggin’body in the Mullins Center at UMASS-Amherst hollered themselves hoarse and at one point I clapped so long and hard I had to sit and take O2 from my Significant Other…

I love Bob Dylan and all he has done for most of his life; I would say my Daughter does too and that her Daughter will…personally it was among the most memorable nights of my life to once more have the privilege of being with my two favorite girls & listening to some of the best music ever written by the poet laureate of three generations, and listen to the world’s best worst voice, I mean Dylan’s beautiful mellifluous growl, filled as it is with bathos, pathos and pain and still raspy and rheumatic, fills me with a variety of emotions, one can laff, one can cry, wonder, ponder or Think About IT! If it’ll help in your resume Bob, tell ‘em we – me, Casey, Devon & NFTD – highly approve! You the best, Dude!

No comments: