NOTES FROM THE DUMP

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

LOOK HERE DUDE, DOES 4:20 MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU…

…it didn’t to me for quite awhile either, just the time twice a day, ho-hum, but I have since learned that it is at 4:20, either and/or both of them, that it is becoming something of a tradition to spin and burn one, to light the bowlful of spicy herbs…put the phosphorous to the bhang; NFTD being always in the vanguard I’m quick to jump on board, but from whence its provenance? Who started it? I mean all across America at 4:20 the dynamic changes. It used to be just a train and the time a train came in or left…

If all The People, Yes who smoked dope – 4:20 or otherwise - didn’t show up for work tomorrow this country wouldn’t open. I don’t mean to put too much emphasis on dope-smoking as a way of life even though I’ve pursued it since 1965 - I don’t believe for a minute that reefer gave me lung cancer; if so I’m the only one - but too much time and expense is wasted on catching and jailing dopers; we’re your Sons & Daughters, Mother & Fathers, Brothers and Sisters etc. It’s basically a victimless crime. If everybody you know was locked up this morning for burning evidence you wouldn’t have anyone to talk to, streets would be empty and the jails would be spilling over even more than they are - 1.5 million Americans are locked up and 1 in 34 adults have been in jail and/or are on parole/probation…that means everybody knows someone on ice, or is on ice.

No comments: