NOTES FROM THE DUMP

Monday, July 30, 2007

Like crawling through broken glass...


…to get to the end of this issue; for different reasons you may be saying the same thing. As for me, there is such turmoil and so much stress around me I’m left all in a dither and my equilibrium is shot…ready to fall over…can’t concentrate on any one thing long enough to get it on paper - the Flag Memorial, the war in Iraq, the problems confronting us one and all big and small, life, all conjoin to make difficult what was supposed to be a leisurely trek through the Golden Years…

…excuse me? There’s nothing leisurely about it as you who haven’t reached that part of your life will someday see…I don’t think there’s any known preparation, I mean sure husband your money and all that so post-retirement you can travel like you always wanted to but be prepared to not want to go anywhere at all…in my head as a younger man was the idea I would return to Greece to live someday, a hoary old expatriate with a tale to tell, but none of the reasons I wanted to go back to Greece are there anymore, poof, gone like youth.
…so, there you have it Dude, you’re stuck with me, I’m here to stay. For those of you new Dear Readers I invite you to my blog – in fact even though I have a blog, I don’t know what it means. Where did the term come from, out of the blue? Spell check tells me there’s no such thing, Scrabble does not accept the word and Merriam-Webster sez: ‘…an online personal journal…’ So be it…

No comments: