NOTES FROM THE DUMP

Friday, January 18, 2008

Something about redheads...


...sets the endorphins rolling and I'm off in a swoon everytime I get near one, especially if they're female, but the one I'm presently smitten (from a great distance) by is several years my junior which EYE could live with but could she? Secondarily she's an activist and I don't mean the kind of activist parading through hostile streets with placards for one cause or another, no, as an activist I mean she likes to DO things, like ride horses, bar-hop, go DANCING for Cris'sakes and take hikes, o spare me! I on the other hand don't like leaving the kitchen, and as for riding horses? Not this cowboy.
An Iron Horse maybe but no Appaloosas. Anatomically speaking, men should ride side-saddle so they don't flatten their flaccid member and squash their stones; women did not CHOOSE to ride side-saddle, Daddy (Boy Friend, Hubby) MADE them ride side-saddle because they knew riding with one leg thrown over one side of the horse and one over the other...well, they didn't want to go there...

Anyway I don't do horses nor hikes, two beers is more or less my limit so I'd be a cheap date for her in a bar but she'd have to do all her dancing with someone else which would be no problem for her because she's a beauty but then I'd get jealous and...ahhh...what's the sense of any of it? I'll stay right here by the wood stove, alone with the radiant heat, suffused with warmth, not lonely at all really. Ki-yi-yippi-eye-ay...yahoo...

WHETHER PROUD OR ASHAMED OF THEM...

...certain innocuous events in your life become defining moments in your history when looked back on many years later; what had seemed insignificant at the time has since played so major a role in your life that nothing would have turned out this way were it not for the insinuation of these little asides into the mainstream of your life. Unbelievable! At the time they were so minor, so petty, so forgettable...

Who could have guessed the life-long importance of a long ago whispered late-night warning? How was one to know the role a simple pine tree would play? Or a water tower? What if the bus had been Trailways not Greyhound and you went to the Park Square terminal instead of to South Station? Only moments and a couple miles separate the present-day you from the you that was and the you that might have been.
Alas, poor Yurick...whatta ya gonna do? Not to be flippant about life's anachronisms, o no, don't take lightly the consequences of your folly because they'll be back to haunt you! Conversely, I am told, if you don't fuck up real bad along the way the consequences of your orderly life will also be back to remind you but more as a reward than punishment; a little hindsight, like a little venom, goes a long way.
(Sorry, don't mean to be preachy, I was actually talking to myself but writing it down as I went and you got caught in the cross fire.)

So on to something else...

No comments: