NOTES FROM THE DUMP

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Carrie Nation's (above, and below...)

RANDOM “…NOTES…” FROM WRINKLED SCRAPS…

…praised with faint damn…I staggered one gloomy night into the nefarious, notorious Carrie Nation’s, a 70s watering hole in which you could get anything illegal, not to put too fine a point on it…which was more or less what I was doing, looking around for a bag of reefer or anything else; in those days I didn’t know what was enough until I knew what was more than enough, so anyway, (he went on in his irritating hyperbolic fashion), I walked, if you could call it that, into this subterranean den of iniquity looking for dope and as I closed the door behind me and drifted into the blue smoke I heard my Friend Charlie saying to a bunch of other guys standing at the dim-lit bar, “Yes, but Terry’s got his good points too…” I burst out laughing then and again now writing it 30 years later…

No comments: