NOTES FROM THE DUMP

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Random "...NOTES..." From Wrinkled Scraps...

DEEPER INTO THE NETHER WORLD I SINK…

…no, not the subterranean world of crime but rather the sub-conscious world, or with me maybe the Unconscious world, where one’s existence is in one’s head - whereby one spends a lot of time doing what might be considered thinking great and ponderous thoughts, but which in fact may be only so much daydreaming and spurious posturing, a bunch of silly idle twaddle clattering and rattling around in my hollow cerebellum; anything to keep from having to get up, sally forth and get a job…

...fundamentally I guess there’s nothing wrong with sitting around all day lost in thought, be it reverie or revelation, yet I often feel, ‘Shouldn’t I be doing something? Shouldn’t I be up and about, roaming around looking for someone to help?’

...caught up in lethargy and lassitude, surfeited by an appalling ennui, or lost in pleasant contemplation, all one to me as I roam the labyrinth of my mind, my personal computer, every bit as good as an abacus, an Apple, the Internet Explorer or a Mac. Not outdated at all.

…who says I can’t sit around all day and do nothing? Watch this…you should see me!

...it’s a dazzling display of restraint as I sit nearly motionless for hours on end except occasionally to light the pipe, look out the window or maybe even, if I’m feeling particularly energetic, swivel the chair.

...truth be told I have a very easy life and little room for complaint.

WITH ALL THE EUGLENA, AMOEBAE, PARAMECIUMS…

…spirochetes & annoplura and malophaga in our collective lives, not to mention bibbits, fleas and lice, it’s a wonder we don’t scratch ourselves plumb to death from the itching. Bad form to scratch your butt or head or ‘other’ in public but you and I know that is the only place it ever really needs to be scratched - when there are 800 people standing about, all focused on what you are about to sneakily do with your free hand as you mince along the mall walkway…no one’s exempt.

PYTHAGORAS, EUCLID, ARCHIMEDES, AVOGADRO…

…and Edmond Boyce. They were all right, their mathematical equations have proved true every time. They are inexorably correct and extrapolated to their fullest can be seen as prime reasons why the world has been able to survive and also incontrovertible evidence that it cannot continue to do so forever, I think…

No comments: