NOTES FROM THE DUMP

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

For all its (real or imagined) brilliance...

"...NOTES FROM THE DUMP..." seems to have peaked, reached critical mass, is afloat in the doldrums of apathy - no one seems to notice it anymore; now more than ever NFTD has become a novelty item, a keepsake as it were, of times bygone when writing was powerful and fluid, fun and informative, filled with deathless prose; the forecast was rosy...

Riches and fame beyond compare were mine! I was Golden Boy!

Say what?

...for whatever reasons, subscriptions have plummeted, renewals dried up,
old friends avoid it (me) as though I were - it were - anathema, a plague bacillus unleashed upon the land as in biblical days of yore...next thing you know locusts will destroy my crops...

OK...fling me into the bulrushes already...sheesh...

So now what? I can hardly reveal the foregoing to you and in the next sentence touch you up for your 30 dollar renewal in my usual appealing, if guileless, fashion; if no one else is re-upping, why should you?

Therefore, ever so reluctantly and with no little trepidation, I inquire of you (and request most urgently!) to tell me Dear Reader, where I have erred, if I have, and where and how I might correct our glide path through life aboard the good ship NFTD. (After all there's always the chance with me that I might blame it on every(body)thing except me; I've often convinced myself thusly of the rightness of a wrong argument. A la George Thorogood, doing things wrong is my way of doing things right...)

If you would be so kind - take a minute to jot down or e-mail or call and let me know what I might do in order to retrieve this thing of ours from the scrap heap of bygone journals - and thanks, much obliged!

No comments: