NOTES FROM THE DUMP

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hard to pick up where I left off...


...because I can't remember where I was and of course I have no idea where I am; it is one of life's more perplexing dilemmas. Yes, yes, I know that physically yesterday I was home out on the porch doing the crossword puzzle in The New York Times & I know I was in East Eden in New Hampshire aboard Planet Earth nestled snugly in the Milky Way with at least 10 billion other denizens of the universe and it is therein where things get fuzzy...

Here's this little speck of endomorphic protoplasm seeking reason out of all the firmament as though only I had any relevance; vaguely I have the notion that of all I will get an answer where the rest have failed, that I alone will solve the age-old query: Why?

Such a pompous attitude in a world without any conceivable purpose. I buried myself in the puzzle to keep from thinking about being alone in space, frightening if you go there...but I really paid it no attention and my mind, whirling out of control, was spinning like a dredl trying to fathom life and its many complexities, and all for naught...

Finally I wearied of the metaphysical chase and gave it all up to drink.

No comments: