NOTES FROM THE DUMP

Saturday, December 22, 2007

This is the last issue of "...NOTES FROM THE DUMP..."

…for this year and also ends its 21st year in print and marks 10 years online; in the main it’s been fun (at least for me…) depending on one’s definition of fun, and what IS fun…hmmm…Webster’s says: ‘…what provides amusement or enjoyment’, okay so it’s been fun, aha!

…the #4 down the line definition of fun is more to my way of defining fun: excited activity…hmmm…not much excites me anymore. Words properly arranged excite me, but is that the word – excite, I mean Dude c’mon if you’re gonna get into Webster this morning, get down to it, what is exciting according to Noah?

…to ‘arouse’, ok dig it, I’m hip, words properly arranged arouse me, excite me & so do some words when set to music; the spoken word has broken my heart and healed my wounds…words thrill me, drive me ‘round the bend, are my salvation; words are my sole means of trying to get it right in my head…words are everything, words are nothing…words are my bread and butter…one word can devastate, destroy…one word can save…hmmm…getting carried away here, my word…I need a few choice words of wisdom to get out of this…I’ll leave it to Rene Descartes: ‘Salvation lies in fidelity to one’s own genius’ - to which I amend, maybe…

THE UNITED STATES IS THE WORLD’S LEADING ARMS EXPORTER…

…no one sells more guns (or has more guns) than we do, us, the United States of America, my ever-loving home for 64 years, a place I dearly love – O beautiful for spacious skies for amber waves of grain…what happened to that America?

…cluster bombs are notorious for blowing limbs off children, we make and ship millions of them to anybody with enough money…lending her voice and considerable reputation to stopping the slaughter of children by these insidious devices may have cost Princess Diana her life in a Paris tunnel…For purple mountain majesties above the fruited plain……

…it is so bizarre, so against everything we should represent in this country, not to mention sad and a disgrace, to on the one hand plead for peace on earth and with the other hand pass off every conceivable weapon in the world to anybody, anybody…all you need is money…America! America! God shed his grace on thee…and crown thy good with brotherhood from sea to shining sea…

No comments: