NOTES FROM THE DUMP

Monday, December 24, 2007

IT’S LIKE I’VE REACHED AN INTELLECTUAL CLIMACTERIC…

…for hours on end I stare (‘…every day I sit here by the window, starin’ at the lonely avenue…’) out the window at the activity in the courtyard below, watching the Raisins (wrinkled old people like me) come and go from assisted living, in and out in ambulances, gurney in, body bag out, three in a month, unsettling to have a front row seat…ambulances with no sirens, no lights and in no hurry – silent runners - are way too commonplace…they are a compelling distraction, one of a number which keep me idle, away from the keyboard, unproductive, deep in thought, no action save for scrabble and cribbage against the computer hour after hour, daysondaze…lost, lost, all is lost!

…an all but indescribable vacuum has me in its clutches…a stream(ing) of consciousness is the best I can do…no continuity in my world nor my mind at the moment…but with Brobdingnagian second effort I raise up and out of this miasma…wheeew…I’m back…that hangin’ out in Bleaksville is nowhere Dude, get hip…

NFTD TRIVIA…

…what is significant, if that’s the word and it’s not, so let us say then, what is the common denominator of the following three dates:

1881, 1961, 6009

…give up? Do you even care Dude? I mean haven’t you got anything better to do than play silly word games? Neither me, so look here’s the thing. 1881, I think I got this right but I mean hey can you believe all you read…the thing is 1881 was the first time the year could be read upside up, the next time it happened was 1961 and the next time it’s going to happen is 6009…

No comments: