NOTES FROM THE DUMP

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Notes From The Dump...by Terry Ward

THE SATURDAY EVENING POST USED TO CALL IT...

...The Perfect Squelch - hip, caustic, clever funny or poignant ripostes to puncture inflated egos among other things and I was reminded of it one time years ago when People Magazine photographer Richard Howard was at my house doing a photo spread about NFTD (I would say Richard took 200 or so pictures that day & the rag used ONE, but as they say, film's cheap...and my Friend Joey said, "Well Foolish that's one more picture than you had in People last year...")

Anyway...

Where was I?

O yes...

Me about to be flippant with the People photog.

I says to Richard as he fiddled with lenses, "Next to me who's the most famous person you ever photographed?"

"I just left Paul Newman's house..."

No comments: