NOTES FROM THE DUMP

Friday, November 30, 2007

Today is the 25th anniversary...

…of my 39th birthday and I am filled with wonder at all that has transpired! Once anon I’ve cheated the hangman…I never figured to see 18, now look…I’ve lived three 18s plus ten…how could it be, where did youth and time go, where am I, what happened, who am I, what lies, gulp, ahead around the curve?

…withal I consider myself a lucky man, extremely so, and wealthy beyond Croesus, discounting the fact I have no money, and also a success – again discounting the fact that no other success compensates for failure in the home – but that aside (you never really stray far from this haunting, daunting truth) as a writer I am manifestly successful if the approbation of my minions is any measure…

…hmmm…minions, minions, that may be demeaning or condescending which I mean to be neither, so okay I don’t mean minions, let us say my small cadre of Friends and Dear Readers of NFTD lo these 21 years would in the main agree, and most of them would also assure the newcomers that NFTD often, indeed generally, babbles on inconclusively just to fill up a page and be done with it, if you can believe me capable of such chicanery…

No comments: