NOTES FROM THE DUMP

Monday, March 7, 2011

WHEEEW…I GOTTA LAY OFF THE YELLOW TAIL…

…Criminys, I’m beginning to carry things around in a pouch, I hop instead of walk and I’ve been eating a lot of eucalyptus leaves so I’m cutting back a few bottles per week on my bubbly champagne buddy from Down Under; instead of six a week we’ll try three & see how that works out...moderation in all things, including moderation. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, therefore…I submit -

…it’s been a little cottage industry for several people. That guy selling this wine to the Harmonyville Store is going to get ‘Salesman of the Month’ at this rate, the kids who own the store will be able to go to Europe again this year and my friend John who’s been doing all the footwork is due for a raise…

…I’m not sure that I get anything worthwhile from it unless days on days in a daze counts…and if one persists in leading a life of denial you can get away with (and justify) just about anything…ergo, hold on Dude I gotta pour me a glass of Yellow Tail…

Aye Lad, things were going to be different as I recall; in my youth this is not where I thought I’d be…to think, just think of all the opportunities I didn’t take advantage of, missed completely…ah me…

“Of all sad words of tongue or pen,” John Greenleaf Whittier wrote more than a century ago, “the saddest are these: It might have been!’

No comments: